We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Katara getting kinda annoying?

chentalsong

[21]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 9
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    chentalsong wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    chentalsong wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    chentalsong wrote:
    You all suck. Except for the guy with the really long post. He rocks. But the rest of you...go die in a hole!
    .____o
    Sheesh, they just stated their opinion, on a matter that ended quite some time ago.
    If you had made this thread around the times when 3X12+ (The Western Air Temple and above) aired, some people would've agreed with you though.

IMO, she was a bit harsh to Zuko, although it was explained with Jet and Hakoda that she does hold a grudge, a big one, to whoever betrays her, so it was understandable that she would be MEAN (censorship lawlz) towards Zuko, but of course she changed her opinion of Zuko, and back to her nice common character again.
    I'm replying to the first paragraph:

Okay. They did not just "state thier opinion". They called me an idiot, which a hate.

Ah, that? ignore it, just some veteran humor, we don't think you're an idiot, but this thread is not good at all.
    Oh. Well sorry for posting it. I was watching one of the episodes and noticed Katara's behavior, so I wanted to make a thread about it. I had no idea you guys didn't like threads like this. Sorry.
    It's ok, just remember this any time you want to discuss something of avatar: The show ended 7+ months ago.
    This doesn't mean that you shouldn't discuss it here, just don't make a thread about it, look for one of the pinned ones, those cover the most general stuff like character discussion and such.
    Ah, I see. Well thanks! I'm not actually a newbie, well I'm level 6. But I guess I am a newbie to the Avatar boards. Thanks for the help.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[22]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 41
    chentalsong wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    chentalsong wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    chentalsong wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    chentalsong wrote:
    You all suck. Except for the guy with the really long post. He rocks. But the rest of you...go die in a hole!
    .____o
    Sheesh, they just stated their opinion, on a matter that ended quite some time ago.
    If you had made this thread around the times when 3X12+ (The Western Air Temple and above) aired, some people would've agreed with you though.

IMO, she was a bit harsh to Zuko, although it was explained with Jet and Hakoda that she does hold a grudge, a big one, to whoever betrays her, so it was understandable that she would be MEAN (censorship lawlz) towards Zuko, but of course she changed her opinion of Zuko, and back to her nice common character again.
    I'm replying to the first paragraph:

Okay. They did not just "state thier opinion". They called me an idiot, which a hate.

Ah, that? ignore it, just some veteran humor, we don't think you're an idiot, but this thread is not good at all.
    Oh. Well sorry for posting it. I was watching one of the episodes and noticed Katara's behavior, so I wanted to make a thread about it. I had no idea you guys didn't like threads like this. Sorry.
    It's ok, just remember this any time you want to discuss something of avatar: The show ended 7+ months ago.
    This doesn't mean that you shouldn't discuss it here, just don't make a thread about it, look for one of the pinned ones, those cover the most general stuff like character discussion and such.
    Ah, I see. Well thanks! I'm not actually a newbie, well I'm level 6. But I guess I am a newbie to the Avatar boards. Thanks for the help.
    No Problem =)

Alpha1Niner

[23]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    chentalsong wrote:

*dies in a hole*

jakelong_5

[24]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    ya she has been kinda annoying especially in the run away she is to irrataing normally i fastforward through her parts

Antiyonder

[25]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 39
    chentalsong wrote:
    In the newer episodes leading up to the last one, Katara was such a brat! I hated her! And I think that she's kinda mean to Toph sometimes. She bosses everyone around like it's her job, but it's not. She like...kills the fun. Like Wanda in The Fairly Odd Parents.

If I may ask, why do you watch Avatar?

Now to explain my question further, one thing I consider to be a good thing about the show is that the bad guys are capable of redemption, while at the same time, the good guys are prone to giving into petty feelings (quarreling and holding a grudge against one another). When I want heroes who get along with each other and never get hostile I watch Superfriends (I do enjoy the show as harmless fun, but I don't let it set the standards for how protagonists should behave).

Now I'm not the biggest fan of Katara, I find her grudge against Zuko to be one of the more memorable moments of the third season. Do I disagree with her behavior? Of course not, but it made Zuko's conversion to Team Avatar more interesting than simply everyone accepting him.

So to repeat my question, why do you enjoy the show if you prefer characters who are cheerful nonstop?

Trollwrangler

[26]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 5

Exactly.

Now to add another side to your literary rubix.

I believe Katara was suppossed to be uncomfortably angry towards Zuko at first and it's suppossed to understood she's not completely wrong. Because I have this tendency to re-write scenes of shows in my head if I don't like them and when I tried to re-write this one I came to the point, "Wait a minute, she's judging completely from the past and in the past she's always been hunted and betrayed by Zuko."

So although Katara was a little out of line she was right on the money when she warned Zuko.

I guess I'm saying both sides of this argument are correct to a point.

A_Ninja_Am_I

[27]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 4

Ya know I don't think slugg is going to be very happy if he sees this

And, no, I don't think she's annoying.

Edited on 04/26/2009 6:54pm

Antiyonder

[28]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 39
    Trollwrangler wrote:

Exactly.

I believe Katara was suppossed to be uncomfortably angry towards Zuko at first and it's suppossed to understood she's not completely wrong.

Exactly. Infact when Aang brings up Zuko helping him escape Zhao, Katara's belief that he did it to capture Aang at a later time was actually true.

Besides which, Katara has shown an explosive temper plenty of times:

- The Boy In The Iceburg: Yelled loud enough to shatter some ice after dealing with Sokka.

- The Waterbending Scroll: Aang makes no attempt at rubbing in his success with the Bending Moves, yet Katara yells at him.

- The Waterbending Master: She doesn't just get angry at Pakku's sexist behavior, she actually attacks him.

- The Cave Of Two Lovers: Her reaction when Aang supposedly dismisses the kissing idea says enough.

- The Chase: Aside from bickering with Toph, she actually poked fun at her handicap which is basically a blow to the groin.

I could address Jet's return, but that would be obvious enough.

Thus it's pretty easy to see her getting on Zuko's case for endangering them.

JadeBlosssom

[29]May 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    Antiyonder wrote:
    Trollwrangler wrote:

Exactly.

I believe Katara was suppossed to be uncomfortably angry towards Zuko at first and it's suppossed to understood she's not completely wrong.

Exactly. Infact when Aang brings up Zuko helping him escape Zhao, Katara's belief that he did it to capture Aang at a later time was actually true.

Besides which, Katara has shown an explosive temper plenty of times:

- The Boy In The Iceburg: Yelled loud enough to shatter some ice after dealing with Sokka.

- The Waterbending Scroll: Aang makes no attempt at rubbing in his success with the Bending Moves, yet Katara yells at him.

- The Waterbending Master: She doesn't just get angry at Pakku's sexist behavior, she actually attacks him.

- The Cave Of Two Lovers: Her reaction when Aang supposedly dismisses the kissing idea says enough.

- The Chase: Aside from bickering with Toph, she actually poked fun at her handicap which is basically a blow to the groin.

I could address Jet's return, but that would be obvious enough.

Thus it's pretty easy to see her getting on Zuko's case for endangering them.
    When you put it like that she doesn't sound annoying, she sounds like a b*tch

_Flutterlight_

[30]May 2, 2009
    • level: 15
    You guys think KATARA'S annoying? Have you watched Sakura from Naruto? Katara has NOTHING on Sakura when it comes to witchy-ness. (And at least Katara actually does stuff.)

edmasterchaos

[31]May 3, 2009
    • level: 41
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    You guys think KATARA'S annoying? Have you watched Sakura from Naruto? Katara has NOTHING on Sakura when it comes to witchy-ness. (And at least Katara actually does stuff.)
    First Shippuden arc, saves the day in a not-so-good-compared-to-orignal-naruto's-previous-arc but atleast she does something and proves to be a decent Main ninja, making her like 100X a regular ninja.
    Most of her annoyance is from the anime, which adds filler and filler where most of the time Sakura seem like a Annoying Female.

Most of the people who said Katara was annoying was a newbie avatar fan and a few trolls, so don't worry.

Lastly, man, ever since the Time Jump, Kishimoto has been lacking, Shikamaru's arc was good, not great though, and, well, Sasuke's character is even more bland now, it's not bad but not nearly as great as before, the manga is kinda getting back with the Pain fight, but now it's dragging, sure recent chapter may show us that the flashback will present unexpected interesting plot points, but that doesn't stop the fact that the fight has been on for much too long.
    Currently, One Piece>>Bleach>>Naruto
    Edited on 05/03/2009 10:35am

Trollwrangler

[32]May 28, 2009

edmasterchaos wrote:

Currently, One Piece>>Bleach>>Naruto

Yeah, but that's only if you have a good ability to enjoy cartoony stuff like One Piece. I personally agree with this, but for the average non-child minded viewer it's more like Bleach>>Naruto>>DIE ONE PIECE DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE-

Trollwrangler

[33]May 28, 2009

Oh, and even though Katara has the annoying thing occassionally, she does have the whole 'hope speech' thing going on.

And Aang has the 'I'm not ready or willing hero complex'.

And Sokka has the 'Oh come on, why does he get all this crap just for being skeptic?'.

And anon...

Edited on 05/28/2009 7:47am

CrimsonCy

[34]May 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    Am i the only one who finds her pmsing attractive?
    Edited on 05/28/2009 10:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

shadowysea07

[35]May 28, 2009
    • level: 25
    katara is a mary sue and is the most annoying character on the show. as for bleach being better than onepiece hah yeah right. onepiece is the highest current selling manga out of the top three animes. bleach also has drooped in sales and hitman reborn is now more popular. so in order it goes one piece naruto hitman reborn then bleach. although after naruto's latest manga arc where they pulled a dbz move i'm afraid i probably wont read the manga anymore if its true. there was no point in any of what happend if their just gonna revive all the people who were hurt at the end of a chapter.

Rock_Goddess_18

[36]May 29, 2009
    • level: 17

To be honest, I never really found Katara annoying at all in this show. I thought she was a great character from the Water Tribe to travel along with Aang in his adventure, she plays a vital role for the Gaang.

And she just wanted to protect them all really well because she didn't want any trouble and was cautious about trusting Zuko, he was after them for a long time and wanted to capture Aang and show him to the Fire Lord, and then he would likely have ended up in prison or used as a trophy by him. So Katara wasn't sure if Zuko was gonna trun on them or not when he finally decided to join the good side.

At least Katara did finally believe Zuko after a while, he just needed to prove his trust.