We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Kataang vs Zutara creativity competition

Axrendale

[1]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 10

I felt like reviving some shipping stuff, just for the heck of it

Both Zutara and Kataang have inspired some of the more... dedicated to shippers to go all out in creating fanfics, fanart, and goodness knows what else.

So a little competition - it's fairly simple: the person who can find (or make) the most generally awsome ship-related item of fan-creation, the one that would be the most likely to convert a non-shipper to shipping your ship (try saying that with a mouth full of marbles) is the winner - plain out.

Fanfics, fanart, Haikus - whatever.

On your marks, get set, go.

May the best ship win

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spazdog

[2]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    give me Azulang LOL

Axrendale

[3]Nov 26, 2008

I ship Mezula (Azula + me), and in the actual context of the show Jetzula would have been my go.

But this is strictly for the purposes of a good old fashioned Kataang/Zutara conflict.

KATAANG FTW!

snowprincess456

[4]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    Go Zutara!

Axrendale

[5]Nov 26, 2008

I'll start off with the first contribution:

Beat that

kratosgod69

[6]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    lol YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CANON
    WHY MUST YOU TAKE OUR LAST SOLACE AS SUPPOSED KINGS OF THE FANON

tenacon

[7]Nov 26, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

I'll start off with the first contribution:

Beat that

Sure. Ten Lee (Tenacon+ Ty Lee) No photo needed.

Axrendale

[8]Nov 26, 2008
    *points to thread title*

Axrendale

[9]Nov 26, 2008

kratosgod69 wrote:
    lol YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CANON WHY MUST YOU TAKE OUR LAST SOLACE AS SUPPOSED KINGS OF THE FANON

Simple - because it is our view that you guys have to earn it. You have to prove that you deserve to remain the Kings of Fanon. If you want to keep the title, better get cracking.

kratosgod69

[10]Nov 26, 2008

But YOU ALREADY KNOW that we aren't the best. We just SAY WE ARE so the shipping battles are equal.

Edited on 11/26/2008 8:03pm

panthean

[11]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 9
    hmm... I wonder what katara would think if she were real and was able to see this thread somehow...

Aryck1095

[12]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 2

Oh no. No, no, no, NO! Delete this topic IMMEDIATELY!!!. It's only going to start a shipping war. ZuTarians are always going on about how they're more creative than KatAangers (and might I add, we're just as good as they are). This "Creativity Contest" of yours is only going to make it ten times worse. Believe me, there's no such thing as "friendly competition" between KatAangers and ZuTarians.

No matter what your intentions were, you MUST delete this topic, pronto. In the end it's jsut a contest to see which is the better fandom.

Edited on 11/26/2008 8:24pm

panthean

[13]Nov 26, 2008
    Aryck1095 wrote:

Oh no. No, no, no, NO! Delete this topic IMMEDIATELY!!!. It's only going to start a shipping war. ZuTarians are always going on about how they're more creative than KatAangers (and might I add, we're just as good as they are). This "Creativity Contest" of yours is only going to make it ten times worse. Believe me, there's no such thing as "friendly competition" between KatAangers and ZuTarians.

No matter what your intentions were, you MUST delete this topic, pronto.

wow chill out dude...

personally, I think Katara could easily handle both of them... lol

Zutaraang! lol

kratosgod69

[14]Nov 26, 2008
    Aryck1095 wrote:

No matter what your intentions were, you MUST delete this topic, pronto. In the end it's jsut a contest to see which is the better fandom.

I'm gathering thats the POINT lol

panthean

[15]Nov 26, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    Aryck1095 wrote:

I'm gathering thats the POINT lol

totally... Zutarans, I support your war of terror on all Kataangs

Kataangs... I support your victory in the show... now beat each other to death with mudkipz

kratosgod69 wrote:

But YOU ALREADY KNOW that we aren't the best. We just SAY WE ARE so the shipping battles are equal.

This pic is totally hot btw!

Edited on 11/26/2008 9:03pm

Axrendale

[16]Nov 26, 2008
    Aryck1095 wrote:

That is indeed, the point.

It is my experience that there is nothing better for stirring up excitement among fandoms as a good shipping war. I've seen it proved with Harry Potter, Star Wars EU, and above all with Avatar These wars rock

But this is more of a civilized competition.

And don't feel the need to constrain yourselves to fanart - let's see some AMVs, fanfics, etc.

I'm just praying to the Valar that Raven doesn't see this thread. She's a Zutarian, and if she decides to get involved, then anyone opposing her is toast.

Spazdog

[17]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    Axrendale wrote:
    Aryck1095 wrote:

That is indeed, the point.

It is my experience that there is nothing better for stirring up excitement among fandoms as a good shipping war. I've seen it proved with Harry Potter, Star Wars EU, and above all with Avatar These wars rock

But this is more of a civilized competition.

And don't feel the need to constrain yourselves to fanart - let's see some AMVs, fanfics, etc.

I'm just praying to the Valar that Raven doesn't see this thread. She's a Zutarian, and if she decides to get involved, then anyone opposing her is toast.

loll, meh we will have to see but I rarely discuss any character besides Azula, but I will make an exception this time around.

isabelwhatx

[18]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    Aryck1095 wrote:

Exactly! Which is why it must stay up

isabelwhatx

[19]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    Axrendale wrote:

Your lack of faith in me makes my heart bleed

libraman_92

[20]Nov 27, 2008
    Oooh! Oooh! I'll be the judge.

No bias. No bull that's CNN.