We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Is M. Night gonna ruin Airbender?

SokkaAppa

[21]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 11

To me it will just come down to the acting. If the acting is good the movie will be great!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neverbeenpinker

[22]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 8

SokkaAppa wrote:

To me it will just come down to the acting. If the acting is good the movie will be great!

If only! However, a great cast can be ruined by a bad director. I remember when they announced M Night five years ago right after Lady in the Water came out. We were like, Nooo! He'll ruin everything.

Ebert didn't like it. As much as it should have come down to acting and story, it came down to the director. Aaaand, I'm personally very worried. Frown

katrah88

[23]Jun 30, 2010
    ^I'm also worried but I'll still be parting with my money to see this film... I've already mentioned how I will address the film should it fail to meet any of my expectations. I may even start a thread on it.

KingofIPirates

[24]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 32
    The reviews are in and apparently M. Night has ruined yet another film..
    Edited on 06/30/2010 8:30pm

edmasterchaos

[25]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 41
    Dammit, i lost all hope. Time for tear bending.

DiamondLights

[26]Jul 1, 2010
    Well as a true fan, I'm willing to put those sh*tty reviews behind and suck it up and go watch that movie even if it makes my eyes bleed. whos with me?

hueyf

[27]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 6

Yes i just read a ton of reviews and the movie is nothing like the cartoon. Knight has destoyed avatar the movie. This is the fourth bad bad movie he has done. Now how is the trilogy going to be done

_Flutterlight_

[28]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 15
    hueyf wrote:

Yes i just read a ton of reviews and the movie is nothing like the cartoon. Knight has destoyed avatar the movie. This is the fourth bad bad movie he has done. Now how is the trilogy going to be done

I think "badly" is the answer to that question.

JandSman

[29]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    DiamondLights wrote:
    Well as a true fan, I'm willing to put those sh*tty reviews behind and suck it up and go watch that movie even if it makes my eyes bleed. whos with me?
    i'm with you because if there is a new series i will definetly watch that all the time. Also to answer the topic question yes he ruined the Airbender for many but to people who have seen the show i think they can look past it.

LostSasuske

[30]Jul 1, 2010
    Wow he ruined the show I didn't expect it to get negative reviews so quickly I really wanted to see the movie I loved this show for very long I can't believe a show I truly was into has been ruined by a horrible asian film director.

neverbeenpinker

[31]Jul 2, 2010

_Flutterlight_ wrote:
    hueyf wrote:

I think "badly" is the answer to that question.

Or quite possibly, "not at all". I can't imagine anybody thinking another two movies is a good idea, when this one got such terrible ratings. Producers will be losing money on this deal. :/ If they fire M Night, I'll be okay with it. But Book 2 was my favorite, I'll be extremely worried ifhe gets signed on for a second movie.

Reef_Raider

[32]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 18

neverbeenpinker wrote:

Or quite possibly, "not at all". I can't imagine anybody thinking another two movies is a good idea, when this one got such terrible ratings. Producers will be losing money on this deal. :/ If they fire M Night, I'll be okay with it. But Book 2 was my favorite, I'll be extremely worried ifhe gets signed on for a second movie.

Yeah i've gotta say that they really couldn't have done a worse job portraying the Avatar that we knew, so they probably wouldn't get as good of a showing from Avatar fans in the sequel. And if Avatar fans aren't going you can bet people who are just looking to see a good movie won't go... they need to just cut their losses, cause dang that was a BAD movie that came from a GREAT series

_Flutterlight_

[33]Jul 3, 2010
    I can't beleive they thought that movie was going to turn into their "Harry Potter"! And the worst part is, this might put "The Legend of Korra" in jeopardy, because there's no way Nick's making any money from this thing.

SokkaAppa

[34]Jul 7, 2010
    neverbeenpinker wrote:

SokkaAppa wrote:

If only! However, a great cast can be ruined by a bad director. I remember when they announced M Night five years ago right after Lady in the Water came out. We were like, Nooo! He'll ruin everything.

Ebert didn't like it. As much as it should have come down to acting and story, it came down to the director. Aaaand, I'm personally very worried. Frown

You were right it definitely came down to the director I just never considered that he would cut out soo much and make up so much. just garbage.

SokkaAppa

[35]Jul 7, 2010

anyone down to start a facebook group protesting M. Night directing anymore movies?

tico1125

[36]Jul 7, 2010
    I think what we should do is actually email the Paramount and Nickelodeon to get him kicked off the project. If we flood their email, they will start to listen.

SokkaAppa

[37]Jul 7, 2010
    tico1125 wrote:
    I think what we should do is actually email the Paramount and Nickelodeon to get him kicked off the project. If we flood their email, they will start to listen.

ok what is their email?

_Flutterlight_

[38]Jul 7, 2010
    tico1125 wrote:

I don't think we need to bother with flooding their e-mail. So far, the movie hasn't even made half of what it cost. They're still $80,000,000 in the red.

Unless this movie miraculously turns in a profit, Nick's going to HAVE to make some changes, or at the very least discontinue the project altogether.

yummyone2005

[39]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 1

I can't believe he ruined it THAT much! It was terrible, you couldn't relate to the characters if you didn't know them already. Hopefully the international markets pulls this one out of the red I really wanna see the next 2 books made. It's funny because he still actually thinks he did a good job and is all excited about the next book. I have to wonder why the 2 creators didn't have more input, surely they saw the mess he was making of it.