We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Iroh To Be Killed Off Based By Death Of Mako?

maggmatt2000

[1]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 11

From ToonZone It Has Been Said That Mako (Voice Of Iroh) Sadly Passed Away On July 21,06 From Esophageal Cancer At His Home In Ventura County, CA...

...So What Will The Creators Do If The Voice Of Iroh Is Passed,Kill Iroh Or Get A New Voice?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dbzlotrfan

[2]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 4
    Most likely find him a new voice. Richard Harris (dumble door for the first 2 harry potters died, and they found a new voice actor). You guys think WAY to much into things.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[3]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 17
    Because dumbledoor

*spoilers*

Doesnt die until later in the books

neverbeenpinker

[4]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    Dbzlotrfan wrote:
    Most likely find him a new voice. Richard Harris (dumble door for the first 2 harry potters died, and they found a new voice actor). You guys think WAY to much into things.

was the dumble door thing serious? or were you just kidding?

but, yeah, my sister and i and all of Mugglenet had a day of mourning for Richard Harris.

Micheal Gambon is the enemy!

GRR!!

but, i don't think that's a very good analogy because Richard Harris played in the movies when Albus was still alive in the books. they couldn't have killed off his character because Richard Harris died, because his character was still alive in the books.

Iroh however....

Dbzlotrfan

[5]Jul 23, 2006
    neverbeenpinker wrote:
    Dbzlotrfan wrote:

was the dumble door thing serious? or were you just kidding?

but, yeah, my sister and i and all of Mugglenet had a day of mourning for Richard Harris.

Micheal Gambon is the enemy!

GRR!!

but, i don't think that's a very good analogy because Richard Harris played in the movies when Albus was still alive in the books. they couldn't have killed off his character because Richard Harris died, because his character was still alive in the books.

Iroh however....

They also didn't stop making POA, or Goblet of Fire (GOF) either because of Haris's death. They will find someone else, to voice Iroh.

mellomuse

[6]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 14

According to avatarspirit.net, Season 2 is already a wrap, at least as far as the voice work goes.?? So we will still get to hear our beloved Mako/Iroh for the rest of this season.??

We don't know what Iroh's fate??was originally intended to??be anyway, so it's too soon to speculate on season 3.

PrincessZula

[7]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    Thats really sad still. I'm feeling a little depressed about that, that the voice of Iroh has passed away,

phoenixfirework

[8]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 21
    No disrespect meant for Richard Harris, but didn't he die some time ago. Anyway, I doubt that Mako's death will influence Iroh's (rest in peace Mako), but that doesn't mean Iroh won't die. Voice actor's lives don't influence their characters, like Dante Basco and Mae Whitman (as Jake and Rose/ Zuko and Katara).

fafnir97

[9]Jul 24, 2006
    Iroh is too popular of a character, I seriously doubt that the writers would kill off Iroh, as I know a lot of viewers will probably stop watching the show because of it. Either they will find a way to keep Iroh occupied in Book 3 so he won't be around too much, or they will try and find another voice actor who sounds similar to Mako so that Iroh will still sound somewhat the same.

sly4me

[10]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 26
    that'd be really lame. Although, I did wonder this myself. But the whole story of Avatar isn't going to change because Mako died. They'll just replace him next season