We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

I can't think of another show that would make a better RTS than Avatar

YuZKidd

[1]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    For those who don't know, RTS stands for Real Time Strategy. You basically control some sort of army and have different units you can call or make to attack your opponent. one very famous one is Command and Conquer. The way the Avatar World is set up, it would make a GREAT RTS game. You could be one of the 4 nations and you get to use their benders, their warriors, and their technology.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[2]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 41
    At first i though, No.

But, come to think of it, it wouldn't be too bad, sure there would have to be some technology made up solely for the game, but yeah, there aren't that many flaws to cover up, but, still, there are indeed flaws to cover up, like the fact that WT doesn't seem to have any sort of ship (unless you count the submarines Sokka helped design) or ground unit, the FN is the only one with air units, AN were dead, so one would have to make up all their units, and the EK, well, they're ok, except again for not having air units.

But it could work, though after what happened with the MMO(RPG?) game nick did, i doubt they'd make an RTS.

MarryLarry

[3]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 11

I think they already made one. It was called Bobble Headed Wars or something. It was a Nick arcade game you had to pay $20 for to play. It's still up on their site I believe. Obviously it's nothing special.

Now if Nick were to actually put in significant effort to produce a decent RTS then I'm sure it would be great. Problem is Nick's entire marketing strategy is geared towards kids, not gamers. And it doesn't take a whole lot to impress children when it comes to games. That means they can get away with subpar graphics and gameplay, which saves them money without reducing sales.

So as long as their games sell like fresh Krabby Patties, we won't be getting an awesome game from them. Shame.

Edited on 06/14/2009 9:15pm

isabelwhatx

[4]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    The Water Tribe do have ships, they just suck.