We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

How Will They Make Anime Moments On The Movie?

Shud They Keep Sum Version of Such Moments for th Live Movie?

Falcondude123

[1]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 10

You know, like when Aang blows up in front of JuDee or when he describes the great divide's history(which was really a lie), or when Zuko finds Sokka with a rose in his tent, or when Chan reacts to Azula's "couple-domination-speech" in The Island, or when Sokka tries to cover for his real name in Sokka's Master, or when Zhao gets the funny little anime-style-temple-throby symbol in The Deserter, or when Katara says "I'm COmPleteLY CALM!" in The Chase, or when Aang's head smokes in The Painted Lady, or when Sokka's like "SOmeTHing ALWAYS HappENS!!" in the chase, or when Aang starts making donkey noises after saying he'd rather die than kiss Katara in the Cave of two lovers(), or when Katara says "EARTHBENDING STYLE!!!" in Imprisoned, or ...or.... or..... etc, etc, etc....

How will they handle these comedic moments? How should they handle them?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllieAllie

[2]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    I don't know, I've thought about that too and I think it would probably look weird if they tried to make those moments in a live-action movie.

kal915

[4]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    no, they should keep that stuff out of it
    but i need chocolate!

timekitten

[5]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    If they try to mimic the anime-ness moments of Avatar like that, it's gonna suck. I just can't see any live action do comedic moments like that good. Well, except Ned's Declassified. ^^ But the movie's probably be too serious for it to work.

captaintombatch

[6]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    I agree with timekitten. Having anime moments in a live-action movie just doesn't work. The best they can do I guess is what they did in the old Batman series, by having words randomly pop up or something like that. Otherwise they should avoid anime moments when making the movie.

If the movie was animated like the series, then we would not be having this discussion.

MarryLarry

[7]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 11

captaintombatch wrote:
    The best they can do I guess is what they did in the old Batman series, by having words randomly pop up or something like that.

Those had less to do with comedy and more to do with filling in action sequences. Less choreography = less money spent. Same with 'swooshing' backgrounds and action stills. Low budget projects use them all as action cop outs. People didn't mind it for Batman since it was more campy than action. That, and the fact that viewers back then didn't have the same standards we do today....entertainment wise anyway; morals are a whole different story.

gilvatar

[8]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 17
    I don't think they can do stuff like heads getting bigger but they can still do stuff like make disgusted faces (like the Zuko/Sokka tent moment)