We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Firebending and "Heat Subtraction"

TheFatalFury

[1]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 12

Ok after reading the DV8: Neighborhood threat and DV8: Gods & Monsters story arcs i've declared Leon Carver a.k.a "Frostbite" as my favorite character he had the ability to absorb heat and convert it into cold blasts. So this got me to thinking why firebenders didn't have the ability to freeze things by absorbing heat they already have the ability to add heat to something, so why can't they just easily take it away?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ddendong116

[2]Feb 2, 2011

They can. I'm thinking it's a very advanced form that is rarely learned, as the only person we've seen do it was a Fire Lord. WatchThe Avatar and the Firelord, when Sozin comes to help Roku with the second volcano. Sozin draws out the heat of the lava, solidifying it.

TheFatalFury

[3]Feb 3, 2011

Yeah I remember that episode too bad they didn't really explore this ability, it would've been cool if some other firebender learned it perhaps Zuko. He could've learned it to the point where he could encase targets in ice by freezing the ambient moisture in the air or throw concussive cold blasts to knock back targets kinda like what this guy does in this video at 1:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C194mi4Nl38&feature=related