We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Disciples of the Dragon/OWLs - Read News Section

Meauxx

[81]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think it's safe to say that shippers are no owls..

JK.. xD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ddendong116

[82]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 12
    Meauxx wrote:
    I think it's safe to say that shippers are no owls..

JK.. xD

Well, to take that seriously...
    Shippers can be Owls and the can even be Disciples IF they are polite in their shipping battles. That would mean no, "ZUTARA SUCKS!" or "KATAANG IS STUPID!". They also have to be ready to back up their theories if they are going to attack others'.

polaricegirl

[83]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 17
    Meauxx wrote:
    I think it's safe to say that shippers are no owls.. JK.. xD
    i take offence to that....i'm a shipper and i dont think i'm that bad ...no but seriously....there are some of us who are nice in our shipping debates and respect others opinions
    Edited on 11/15/2007 8:49am
    Edited 2 total times.

ddendong116

[84]Nov 15, 2007
    polaricegirl wrote:
    Meauxx wrote:
    i take offence to that....i'm a shipper and i dont think i'm that bad ...no but seriously....there are some of us who are nice in our shipping debates and respect others opinions

then you are the model Owl! you have mastered the ability to support one side of an argument while being courteous to those who support the other side.

Meauxx

[85]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    polaricegirl wrote:
    Meauxx wrote:
    I'm sure you're not bad.. That's why I said it was a joke.. =P

polaricegirl

[86]Nov 15, 2007
    ddendong116 wrote:
    polaricegirl wrote:
    Meauxx wrote:

then you are the model Owl! you have mastered the ability to support one side of an argument while being courteous to those who support the other side.
    well thats pretty awesome!!!

polaricegirl

[87]Nov 15, 2007
    Meauxx wrote:
    polaricegirl wrote:
    Meauxx wrote:
    I'm sure you're not bad.. That's why I said it was a joke.. =P
    yeah i know i saw your joke and pretended to be way offended but that last part i just wanted to point out cause i've read in sevral threads lately about people goin on about how horrible we are and in reality thats usually the people who dont take the time to here others opinions and get all meanish i guess...and i just wanted to mention really you shouldnt be against us all for what a few do.....

_Nalesnik_

[88]Nov 15, 2007
    I'll repost my question:

Q: How big can the icon be? 80x80 is the standard TV.com icon size, btw for reference.

ddendong116

[89]Nov 15, 2007
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    I'll repost my question:

Q: How big can the icon be? 80x80 is the standard TV.com icon size, btw for reference.

oops! sorry i didn't see your original post. it needs to be small, so 80x80 is just the right size. (I'll post this in the first post too)

mysterodragon23

[90]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    ddendong116 wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    I'll repost my question:

oops! sorry i didn't see your original post. it needs to be small, so 80x80 is just the right size. (I'll post this in the first post too)
    but i think a sig can be like 250 x 250

polaricegirl

[91]Nov 15, 2007
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    ddendong116 wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    I'll repost my question:

but i think a sig can be like 250 x 250
    i thought it was 200x200

_Nalesnik_

[92]Nov 15, 2007
    For this forum u can have a sig as big as 550x220, that's the max u can have without having those little scroller bar thingies in ur sig. I was asking what size we should make it for this contest, (cause not everyone wants this icon to fill up all of thier sig space)

polaricegirl

[93]Nov 15, 2007
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    For this forum u can have a sig as big as 550x220, that's the max u can have without having those little scroller bar thingies in ur sig. I was asking what size we should make it for this contest, (cause not everyone wants this icon to fill up all of thier sig space)
    *agrees*...i love my sig...

mysterodragon23

[94]Nov 15, 2007
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    ok how about 100x80?

mysterodragon23

[95]Nov 15, 2007
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    ok how about 100x80?
    thats reasonable eh?

tomtitan

[96]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 19
    can good trolls be owls, like reflectthestorm, or nicasso, i think they are very deserving, they entertain us with their off-topicness but never insult anyone.
    btw, why 'owl'?

_Nalesnik_

[97]Nov 15, 2007
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    ok how about 100x80?
    thats reasonable eh?

*shrugs* idk, I don't make up the rules, ask ddengdong

mysterodragon23

[98]Nov 15, 2007
    ddendong116 wrote:

Many people have talked about trolls and how awful they can be. But what of the wise, nice, thoughtful poster? I propose that certain people be voted as Disciples of the Dragon in honor of the sincerity and dedication to THIS forum.

Here is where the contest comes in.

We need one of you to make an icon that would go in someones signature when they get voted as a DD. Prefereably, this picture would have a picture of Iroh and 'Disciple of the Dragon' in it. it needs to be small, so 80x80 is just the right size. But the rest is up to you. PLEASE post your entries here, and Pooldude will decide the final one. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS AND HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE VERY BIG. please take this contest seriously. If you have any questions as to what a Disciple of the Dragon is, you can pm me.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS NOVEMBER 26

----------

Here are some answers to some questions asked. Hopefully this helps.

Q: How do you become an official Disciple of the Dragon?
    A: On the first day of every month, nominations will be sent in for the next disciple. Then, we will vote for the top 5 of these nominations. These 5 will go on to a secondary voting stage, which will take place as a poll. the top THREE winners of this poll will be awarded the rank of disciple.

Q: So the title is temporary and switches out each month or so? Or, once elected as DD, you remain a DD?
    A: You remain a Disciple for as long as you earn it. After the voting for who will become a new Disciple at the beginning of each month, there will be vote to see if anyone thinks a current Disciple needs to have his or her status revoked. While we cannot go in and remove their icon, their name will be posted here so that everyone knows that they are no longer a Disciple. If they continue to keep the icon, not only will they be publicly shunned, but they will never be accepted for nomination again.

Q: How big/small can the icon be?
    A: It needs to be small enough so as to interfere with the rest of someone's signature, so 80x80 to about 85x85 would be very nice.

Q: People could easily steal the icon. How will we prevent this?
    A: This is a big concern. However, when an icon is voted on, my associates and I will discuss with the artist how to keep the picture safe. On a side note, the winner will be able to have this icon in their sig at all times, albeit with "creator" somewhere on it.

-I believe that to be a Disciple, most everyone needs to know who you are for the GOOD that you have done. this will NOT be a popularty contest. Also, becoming a Disciple takes time.

-Also, just to clarify, an Owl is just the standard term, like troll. but a Disciple is special, and specific to this forum.

----------

We will hold off the voting until we have an icon set.

----------

pooldude256 wrote: Keep up the fine submissions guys! This sounds like a fun project and would like to see it succeed!
    *bows to pooldude* We thank you, almighty moderator, for your support of this thread.

I would like to thank, for their support of this idea from its very birth on a remote (and now seemingly extinct) topic,

Elementavatar14,
    HumbleNewb,
    Zukofangirl2006,
    and, of course,
    Pooldude256

and anyone else I have forgotten! Thanks for all your support!

(*I will update THIS post as much as possible so you dont have to go searching through the thread for answers*)

you forgot me

mysterodragon23

[99]Nov 15, 2007
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    ok how about 100x80?
    thats reasonable eh?

*shrugs* idk, I don't make up the rules, ask ddengdong
    A: It needs to be small enough so as to interfere with the rest of someone's signature, so 80x80 to about 85x85 would be very nice.

polaricegirl

[100]Nov 15, 2007
    mysterodragon23 wrote:
    ddendong116 wrote:

Many people have talked about trolls and how awful they can be. But what of the wise, nice, thoughtful poster? I propose that certain people be voted as Disciples of the Dragon in honor of the sincerity and dedication to THIS forum.

Here is where the contest comes in.

We need one of you to make an icon that would go in someones signature when they get voted as a DD. Prefereably, this picture would have a picture of Iroh and 'Disciple of the Dragon' in it. it needs to be small, so 80x80 is just the right size. But the rest is up to you. PLEASE post your entries here, and Pooldude will decide the final one. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS AND HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE VERY BIG. please take this contest seriously. If you have any questions as to what a Disciple of the Dragon is, you can pm me.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS NOVEMBER 26

----------

Here are some answers to some questions asked. Hopefully this helps.

Q: How do you become an official Disciple of the Dragon?
    A: On the first day of every month, nominations will be sent in for the next disciple. Then, we will vote for the top 5 of these nominations. These 5 will go on to a secondary voting stage, which will take place as a poll. the top THREE winners of this poll will be awarded the rank of disciple.

Q: So the title is temporary and switches out each month or so? Or, once elected as DD, you remain a DD?
    A: You remain a Disciple for as long as you earn it. After the voting for who will become a new Disciple at the beginning of each month, there will be vote to see if anyone thinks a current Disciple needs to have his or her status revoked. While we cannot go in and remove their icon, their name will be posted here so that everyone knows that they are no longer a Disciple. If they continue to keep the icon, not only will they be publicly shunned, but they will never be accepted for nomination again.

Q: People could easily steal the icon. How will we prevent this?
    A: This is a big concern. However, when an icon is voted on, my associates and I will discuss with the artist how to keep the picture safe. On a side note, the winner will be able to have this icon in their sig at all times, albeit with "creator" somewhere on it.

-I believe that to be a Disciple, most everyone needs to know who you are for the GOOD that you have done. this will NOT be a popularty contest. Also, becoming a Disciple takes time.

-Also, just to clarify, an Owl is just the standard term, like troll. but a Disciple is special, and specific to this forum.

----------

We will hold off the voting until we have an icon set.

----------

pooldude256 wrote: Keep up the fine submissions guys! This sounds like a fun project and would like to see it succeed!
    *bows to pooldude* We thank you, almighty moderator, for your support of this thread.

I would like to thank, for their support of this idea from its very birth on a remote (and now seemingly extinct) topic,

Elementavatar14,
    HumbleNewb,
    Zukofangirl2006,
    and, of course,
    Pooldude256

and anyone else I have forgotten! Thanks for all your support!

(*I will update THIS post as much as possible so you dont have to go searching through the thread for answers*)

you forgot me
    well glad i found out the update