We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures

edmasterchaos

[1]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 41

As you may recall there was a free comic book day entry for Avatar by Dark Horse last month. (had two nick mag stories) For those who don't recall, the article:

The popular Nickelodeon animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender is coming back to comics via Dark Horse.

The Oregon-based publisher announced a multi-part publishing program that will kick off with an Avatar entry in the annual Free Comic Book Day, set this year for May 7. The free comic will feature two short stories, including an unpublished tale called Relics, in a flipbook format also featuring Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

That will be followed with the July 13 release of Avatar: The Last Airbender — The Lost Adventures, an all-new 240-page comic book contains over 70 pages of never-before-seen material in addition to long-out-of-print comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine.

Additionally, Dark Horse will create new Airbender stories that will be published as digest-style original graphic novels in early 2012. Picking up where the season three finale left off, this new series will follow the further adventures of Aang and his friends, as they help to rebuild a world torn apart by 100 years of war.

"We had a great experience collaborating with Dark Horse on Avatar: The Last Airbender — The Art of the Animated Series," said series co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino. "We are excited to work closely with them once again to bring the further adventures of Avatar Aang and his friends to the comic world."

IDK WHY, AND I DON'T CARE BUT "THE LOST ADVENTURES" IS OUT. AND I HAVE IT. IT'S MINE.
    Mostly Nick Mag stuff of course, the 70 extra pages are also in that style, but, the quality of them is obviously superior to most of the rest of the book, it's divided in three, Water, Earth and Fire, with the short stories in chronological order and in the corresponding division (if it happened between season 1 events then it's in the Water part of The Lost Adventures) and, well, really good stuff, the stories are rather soft and light, but good nonetheless. So go over to your comic book store or regular books store and see if you can find it. o3o

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllieAllie

[2]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 22

Will be getting this ASAP. as soon as I get the money.

AllieAllie

[3]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 22

Just got the book today, really liking it so far ^^