We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

phoenixfirework

[1]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 21
    Why is Avatar Roku so important, he has his own temple. I read somewhere that it was only Avatar Roku that kept the Fire Nation in check, but when he died, they attacked the Air Nomads. What if he was killed so he wouldn't be a threat or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WKWARRIOR

[2]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    I highly doubt anyone within the fire nation could kill Avatar Roku.?? Plus he was super old when he died.

Colonel_Brian

[3]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 12
    Well iI've been wondering on the ages of the Avatars I'll start off with Kyoshi and go on to the other two guys but I don't think Sozin was Fire lord during Roku's time as the Avatar that means Sozin would have been middle aged when he started the war and died at 190 that would have been strage but I personally think Sozin hated Roku and saw that their was more to gain without him.

FreakishChild

[4]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 15

Sozin WAS Fire Lord during Roku's life time. I read that on that Australian site.

Colonel_Brian

[5]Aug 5, 2006
    He was well maybe towards the end of his life I don't think Sozin was fire lord for the most part of his life cause if so than Sozin was very, very oold when he died and that ruins our math problem we had.

FreakishChild

[6]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 15
    Sozin has ruled the Fire Nation for a LONG time, of that there is no doubt.

Colonel_Brian

[7]Aug 5, 2006
    Well through our math problem he ruled for 71-72 years maybe even longer but since you're conected with sources and??I got nothing but math to back me up then you're right.

latinblue

[8]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 9
    When Avatar Roku died, aang was born, 12 years pass then without a war, then aang goes away, he get lost, war begans, air nomads dissapear, 100 years of war pass, aang is found.

sooo, or it takes 12 years to plan the war, or they were waiting for the comet to came, which happen after aang scape came. And the irenations have had 100 years wo conquear all the world but they haven't yet. I'n MY conclusion, nobody expected a war before Roku died becuase then thye would attack in those 12 years, unless they were waiting for the commet, but what is the importance of killing him 12 years before the commet arrives?it would be nosense becuase then the avatar could grew up and learn bending(as it happens to aang)