We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

DecadentSpectre

[1]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 2
    I was wondering if anyone knew anyplace to buy Avatar music particularly the tune that plays in the menu of the Avatar DVDs, or if its not yet out for sale any place where I could download it? And what its called ?...Thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Star_Dreamer

[2]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 13
    I don't think there is any soundtrack released for it (that would be so cool!! ^-^), and I've tried looking for downloads of the songs, all to no avail. T_T However, if you go to myspace.com, and look under music for, "The Track Team" (which are the people who made the music), and click on the pic with these guys running on a record player, you can listen to some of the music (although you can't download it). That's what I do when I want to hear some of it.

The only song (or rather tune) the I absolutely know the name of is "Into the Nighttime Sky," which is the tune played at the end of Avatar Roku, Winter Solstice Part 2, and also at the end of Return to Omashu. Er...not sure how much help that was, but I hope it at least answered some of your questions.

DecadentSpectre

[3]Oct 8, 2006
    Its not what I was looking for but it does help now I know the name of at least one tune.

Thanks!

AKAE124Ultima

[4]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    Yeah, the music is pretty good, I wish they'd put it in the Book 2 DVD or something as a DVD-ROM feature...

Runty_Grunty

[5]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 11
    Better yet, I wish they'd release a soundtrack. Listening to Zuko's theme would be pretty neat (whatever they consider it to be).

x_badger_x

[6]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 7

OOh! OOh! I Know! What if they made a compilation of songs written by popular artists that relate to avatar in a Way.?? hmm... Let me think...

Maby it will be something like this.??

1. Wake Me Up When Septermber Ends- Green Day
    2. We're all To Blame- Sum 41
    3. Savin' Me- Nickleback
    4. Superman- Five For Fighting

Well, you know, stuff like that.??

SaitoGatotsu58

[7]Oct 10, 2006
    x_badger_x wrote:

OOh! OOh! I Know! What if they made a compilation of songs written by popular artists that relate to avatar in a Way.?? hmm... Let me think...

Maby it will be something like this.??

3. Savin' Me- Nickleback

Well, you know, stuff like that.??

One problem:?? "Wake Me Up When September Ends" is a terrible song.

pooldude256

[8]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 38
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    x_badger_x wrote:

OOh! OOh! I Know! What if they made a compilation of songs written by popular artists that relate to avatar in a Way. hmm... Let me think...

Maby it will be something like this.

3. Savin' Me- Nickleback

Well, you know, stuff like that.

One problem: "Wake Me Up When September Ends" is a terrible song.

One problem: Not everyone thinks the same way you do about certain songs, and this is not a music forum.

If you don't like songs meant to be low-key because it's about the passing of someone's father, I understand. But every song can't be fast-paced thrillers.

Sorry for getting off-topic...Nick would NEVER pay the fees to those artists and labels to use their songs on a special disk for Avatar. It might be nice, but will never happen.

SaitoGatotsu58

[9]Oct 10, 2006
    pooldude256 wrote:
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    x_badger_x wrote:

OOh! OOh! I Know! What if they made a compilation of songs written by popular artists that relate to avatar in a Way. hmm... Let me think...

3. Savin' Me- Nickleback

One problem: Not everyone thinks the same way you do about certain songs, and this is not a music forum. If you don't like songs meant to be low-key because it's about the passing of someone's father, I understand. But every song can't be fast-paced thrillers. Sorry for getting off-topic...Nick would NEVER pay the fees to those artists and labels to use their songs on a special disk for Avatar. It might be nice, but will never happen.

It's not a terrible song because of what it's about.?? It's because it's by Green Day (which sucks) and it is constantly played on the radio.

piranhapete

[10]Oct 10, 2006
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    pooldude256 wrote:
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    x_badger_x wrote:

3. Savin' Me- Nickleback

One problem: Not everyone thinks the same way you do about certain songs, and this is not a music forum. If you don't like songs meant to be low-key because it's about the passing of someone's father, I understand. But every song can't be fast-paced thrillers. Sorry for getting off-topic...Nick would NEVER pay the fees to those artists and labels to use their songs on a special disk for Avatar. It might be nice, but will never happen.

It's not a terrible song because of what it's about.?? It's because it's by Green Day (which sucks) and it is constantly played on the radio.

Okay... I haven't even HEARD the song and I can tell that your way of presenting your opinions needs a lot of work. Just because it's written by a certain band does not make it suck (hey I'm not a big fan of Green Day either but you can't judge a song by its band), and just because it's played a lot on the radio does not make the song bad. It may make it annoying/repetitive, but the song itself is not altered in any way. Only the presentation is what you should dislike in the case of overplaying.

Shard2005

[11]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 17
    piranhapete wrote:
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    pooldude256 wrote:
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    x_badger_x wrote:

3. Savin' Me- Nickleback

Okay... I haven't even HEARD the song and I can tell that your way of presenting your opinions needs a lot of work. Just because it's written by a certain band does not make it suck (hey I'm not a big fan of Green Day either but you can't judge a song by its band), and just because it's played a lot on the radio does not make the song bad. It may make it annoying/repetitive, but the song itself is not altered in any way. Only the presentation is what you should dislike in the case of overplaying.
    I've heard it and I like it, But I would also like the music on Avatar. I hope they do have a sequal.

masterofaeons

[12]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 15
    The last thing Avatar needs is a compilation album. Scores are far better than that wussified sap list you're building there. As far as the scoring goes, I have never been attracted to any certain part of the soundtrack to Avatar and I usually keep an ear open for that. It's a rather unremarkable series, as far as that goes. Pick up an OST scored by Yoko Kanno. Those always get you.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[13]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 17
    masterofaeons wrote:
    The last thing Avatar needs is a compilation album. Scores are far better than that wussified sap list you're building there. As far as the scoring goes, I have never been attracted to any certain part of the soundtrack to Avatar and I usually keep an ear open for that. It's a rather unremarkable series, as far as that goes. Pick up an OST scored by Yoko Kanno. Those always get you.

Forget Yoko Kanno! Go for Jasper Kyd!

tc2r

[14]Oct 11, 2006
    Miroku_of_Nite1 wrote:
    masterofaeons wrote:

Forget Yoko Kanno! Go for Jasper Kyd!

lmao forget them both, (well not my babe YOKO), go for Yuki Kajiura, awesome talent

DecadentSpectre

[15]Oct 12, 2006
    I still would like to see a CD with Avatar music from the series....putting songs from other bands which are not played on the series would kill the whole point of an Avatar music CD.We want Avatar music...not Green Day or Nickleback or whatever.

Found the website of the band that makes the music...says that there should be some Avatar stuff up soon.

Search for The Track Team on google.

angelstella

[16]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 3

I love Green Day, but yeah, songs from Avatar are more instrumental, aside from the Iroh songs...and the last kicka** Sokka haiku that almost qualifies as a rap. Hey, I said 'almost'. I think instrumenal pieces suit the show better, they're more dramatic and you can still focus on what's happening in the episode. Worded songs would be too suggestive, possibly giving people the wrong impression of certain scenes, if that makes any sense the way I put it.

Did you guys notice the music that was playing during Seige of the North pt1 while Sokka was receiving the warrior marks on his forehead. It sounds like the beginning of 'Four Seasons, Four Loves'.

Edited on 10/13/2006 6:12am

Eman5805

[17]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 14
    I think that Fort Minor "Where'd You Go" song would fit nice...with maybe Zuko or maybe for Aang, with all the people who've been waiting for the Avatar to return n all that stuff

masterofaeons

[18]Nov 11, 2006
    Because Iroh's 4 Seasons song became Sokka and Yue's love theme.

lithia_

[19]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 1

if you still want the music from the avatar very badly; you can actually download it from myspace. all you have to do is install the programme realplayer and then you can download any video/music file you want. here is where you can find the programme:

http://www.download-free-player.com/realplayer/realplayer-basic-windows-step1.php?ref=GA_DFP3_RP_0011_10

I have already downloaded the music from myspace and I'm very pleased with it!!

good luck!

-x-

_Flutterlight_

[20]Oct 20, 2008

Isn't that illegal?

The problem with the Nick executives, is they couldn't tell a good profit oppretunity if one ran up and slapped each of them in the face with those stupid action figures they tried to sell us. So there's no way we'll get the soundtrack.

Edited on 10/20/2008 3:43pm
    Edited 4 total times.