We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Are the Spirit World and Spirit-Bending, representations of the fifth element?

Is there a fifth element in the Avatar world?

edmasterchaos

[21]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 41
    MarryLarry wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    What does everyone else think? Is there a fifth element? And could people be serious?
    There is a "Fifth Element." It is a science-fiction movie starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich.

Fail. Already used that reference. Try again.

edmasterchaos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Everyone knows the fifth element is love. Just ask Leeloo and Dallas. They used it to save the world. Trufax.

Nuh-uh it's Heart, just ask Captian Planet and the Planeteers.

And everyone knows the heart is the center of love. So booyah.

MarryLarry: 9001

Everyone Else: -5

D:
    Aaah! ya beat meh

Btw, why aren't you in the refuge Larry?

I'm already a well-established, semi-respected veteran of this site. Starting over fresh as a noob sounds scary.

Why? Do you miss me?

Well, you wouldn't be a n00b, a good number of people would remember you.

Yes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ThisCrazyGuy

[22]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    What does everyone else think? Is there a fifth element? And could people be serious?
    There is a "Fifth Element." It is a science-fiction movie starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich.

edmasterchaos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Everyone knows the fifth element is love. Just ask Leeloo and Dallas. They used it to save the world. Trufax.

D:
    Aaah! ya beat meh

Btw, why aren't you in the refuge Larry?

I'm already a well-established, semi-respected veteran of this site. Starting over fresh as a noob sounds scary.

Why? Do you miss me?

Well, you wouldn't be a n00b, a good number of people would remember you.

Yes.
    Could you guys stop using this as a chat room and actually discuss the topic? Sorry, but I see this happen to a lot of threads, and this is actually a really debatable, uncommon question...

MarryLarry

[23]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 11

uncommon question =/= good question

And seeing as how there's no way to prove or disprove that spiritbending is another element, the topic of this thread is rendered mute. The greatest and most well-thought out argument you're going to get is "I (don't) think it is because I (don't) think it is." Just like topics about politics, religion, shipping, and propane vs charcoal.

ThisCrazyGuy

[24]Jan 30, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:

And seeing as how there's no way to prove or disprove that spiritbending is another element, the topic of this thread is rendered mute. The greatest and most well-thought out argument you're going to get is "I (don't) think it is because I (don't) think it is." Just like topics about politics, religion, shipping, and propane vs charcoal.

Actually, some "uncommon" questions are great questions... This subject is debatable, and even if it ISN'T a good thread, that is no reason to turn this into a little chat room... That is what the PM system and the Off Topic Lounge are for...

tenacon

[25]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 10
    MarryLarry wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

ITZ OVAH NIEN THOUSAUND!!!!!!!!!! Any way, I like the "combination of the elements" theory best.

Eman5805

[26]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 14
    You could say that, I suppose.

AllieAllie

[27]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 22
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

Actually, some "uncommon" questions are great questions... This subject is debatable, and even if it ISN'T a good thread, that is no reason to turn this into a little chat room... That is what the PM system and the Off Topic Lounge are for...

I agree, even if it can't be resolved, its nice to debate issues and see what ideas other people have. As for whether spirit bending is an element, I think that it is somehow behind the four elements, or is combination of them like someone else said.

MarryLarry

[28]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

And some rectangles make great squares. See my point?....probably not. And of course it's debatable. So are the topics I listed. And I think we all know where they lead...

The greatest moments of this forum (or any for that matter) were born from off-topic jargon. Point is people like to BS (can you honestly say you've never been off-topic in someone else's thread?). If this topic is truly a great question, then someone will get back on-topic eventually. If not, I say go with the wind, or in this case, lulz.

And before you say "Well there's an off-topic lounge for that sort of thing," that place is a paradox, as its topic is off-topicness and therefore impossible for posts to be off-topic. Besides, its purpose is more for random comments than idle chatter. And if we use PMs, then there's no way for anyone else to see our awesome jokes. And that my friend, is a serious crime.

ThisCrazyGuy

[29]Feb 1, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

And some rectangles make great squares. See my point?....probably not. And of course it's debatable. So are the topics I listed. And I think we all know where they lead...

The greatest moments of this forum (or any for that matter) were born from off-topic jargon. Point is people like to BS (can you honestly say you've never been off-topic in someone else's thread?). If this topic is truly a great question, then someone will get back on-topic eventually. If not, I say go with the wind, or in this case, lulz.

And before you say "Well there's an off-topic lounge for that sort of thing," that place is a paradox, as its topic is off-topicness and therefore impossible for posts to be off-topic. Besides, its purpose is more for random comments than idle chatter. And if we use PMs, then there's no way for anyone else to see our awesome jokes. And that my friend, is a serious crime.

I DO see your point, I suppose.

But I would still like to see more discussion on the subject, than ordinary conversation...