We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Airbending opposite of ear...uh...firebending?

KevMan117

[1]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 5
    So, I was watching the episode in season 1 where Aang looks for a firebending master on Nicktoons Network. Jeuong Jeuong or something. I've seen this episode a million times but this time it had like pop up facts, like Pop Up Video from VH1. That was so cool, but that's a different topic, I guess. Anyway, one of the facts said that Airbending is the opposite of Firebending because AB is passive while FB is aggresive, so Aang has the most trouble learning FB. But see, in season 2's "Bitter Work", Katara says Aang has trouble learning EARTHbending because it's his polar opposite. So which is it? I think the latter holds more weight because in season 3 in the episode where we learn about Roku and Sozin, Roku says he has trouble learning Waterbending. Naturally, it's because it's his opposite. So did the bubble make a mistake or something or are they both valid?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ddendong116

[2]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 12
    For future reference - DON'T TRUST ANYTHING NICKOLODEON SAYS. Most of those 'pop up facts' appear to be complete fabrications. As Katara says in Season 2, Bitter Work:

Water is opposite to Fire. Air is opposite to Earth. It's the natural order.

Water78

[3]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 47

I already talked about this in the book one thread but

The pop ups are just sarcastic comments that are out of place on the show

basselope7

[4]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 22
    Actually I think what they mean by "airbending is the opposite of firebending" is that the philosophy/style is the opposite, judging by the context.

Water78

[5]Aug 5, 2009
    basselope7 wrote:
    Actually I think what they mean by "airbending is the opposite of firebending" is that the philosophy/style is the opposite, judging by the context.

Yet it said firebending would be the most difficult element for aang to learn.

_Flutterlight_

[6]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 15
    Keep in mind, according to Nick Katara's mother is a male Fire Nation soldier. I wouldn't exactly consider them a credible source.

Water78

[7]Aug 6, 2009
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Keep in mind, according to Nick Katara's mother is a male Fire Nation soldier. I wouldn't exactly consider them a credible source.

Were did it say that?

edmasterchaos

[8]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 41
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Hoh ho hoo, but, that was the point of The Southern Raiders, Katara never knew it, but that man she wanted to kill was her mother!

_Flutterlight_

[9]Aug 6, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:

Were did it say that?

http://www.nick.com/shows/avatar/index.jhtml If you go to the "Southern Raiders" episode, and click on "characters" they have a picture of this Fire Nation guy for Katara's Mother.

ross93

[10]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 14
    mkay lol this is just not funny nick still manages to make newbs to the avatar forums even more newbier lol. i have no comment from this point on

snowprincess456

[11]Aug 6, 2009
    ross93 wrote:
    mkay lol this is just not funny nick still manages to make newbs to the avatar forums even more newbier lol. i have no comment from this point on

I think its funny..but that could be due to my lack of sleep these past few weeks..

Water78

[12]Aug 7, 2009

That's strange

CrimsonCy

[13]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 7

edmasterchaos wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Hoh ho hoo, but, that was the point of The Southern Raiders, Katara never knew it, but that man she wanted to kill was her mother!

since when do males gives birth? More imprtantly where did she come out from?

Water78

[14]Aug 8, 2009
    CrimsonCy wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:

I am going to bet it was a guy from the boat Katara attacked

_Flutterlight_

[15]Aug 8, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    CrimsonCy wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:

That, or Kaya took up cosplaying.

Water78

[16]Aug 8, 2009
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    CrimsonCy wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:

That, or Kaya took up cosplaying.

That would be a twist. Another twist would be that Aang actually died and Zuko betrayed the fire nation for nothing

shani_boy101

[17]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    KevMan117 wrote:
    So, I was watching the episode in season 1 where Aang looks for a firebending master on Nicktoons Network. Jeuong Jeuong or something. I've seen this episode a million times but this time it had like pop up facts, like Pop Up Video from VH1. That was so cool, but that's a different topic, I guess. Anyway, one of the facts said that Airbending is the opposite of Firebending because AB is passive while FB is aggresive, so Aang has the most trouble learning FB. But see, in season 2's "Bitter Work", Katara says Aang has trouble learning EARTHbending because it's his polar opposite. So which is it? I think the latter holds more weight because in season 3 in the episode where we learn about Roku and Sozin, Roku says he has trouble learning Waterbending. Naturally, it's because it's his opposite. So did the bubble make a mistake or something or are they both valid?

Nickelodeon are so stupid they don't even know their own show. Fire and Water, Air and Earth. its not that hard to get a grasp of.