We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Aang's kids (sorry if someone already posted this)

C1991

[61]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 13

SuperKoala100 wrote:
    And I guess just because Aang's an Airbender doesn't mean his kids have to be.??

Xqueeze me, but if aang's kids aren't airbenders, Aang will have to draw EVERY SINGLE airbending move he knows so that the next avatar can learn Airbending and fulfill his/her purpose

Edited on 07/28/2006 1:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SuperKoala100

[62]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 4
    C1991 wrote:

SuperKoala100 wrote:
    And I guess just because Aang's an Airbender doesn't mean his kids have to be.??

Xqueeze me, but if aang's kids aren't airbenders, Aang will have to draw EVERY SINGLE airbending move he knows so that the next avatar can learn Airbending and fulfill his/her purpose

????I know. That's what I was thinking.

confucioussayhi

[63]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    AANG'S STERILE, YOU ALL PHAIL.

albaugh21

[64]May 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    there's one episode where the announcement is made that Roku is the new avatar...that episode leads me (personally) to believe that each avatar is completely random, except for whatever nation is up next. Otherwise, they would've already known that Roku was the new avatar, if his mother was one...so there for, Aang cannot sire the next avatar...even if he wasn't sterile (haha). Lamens terms...the next avatar will have no immediate relation to Kitara or Aang.

_Flutterlight_

[65]May 11, 2009
    • level: 15
    albaugh21 wrote:
    there's one episode where the announcement is made that Roku is the new avatar...that episode leads me (personally) to believe that each avatar is completely random, except for whatever nation is up next. Otherwise, they would've already known that Roku was the new avatar, if his mother was one...so there for, Aang cannot sire the next avatar...even if he wasn't sterile (haha). Lamens terms...the next avatar will have no immediate relation to Kitara or Aang.

Hey, welcome to the forums!

A couple words of advice:

We generally don't post on threads that are this old. It's called necroing, and it's discouraged.

And although I hate correcting somebody else's spelling, (I'm dyslexic so I know how annoying it is to constantly be corrected), for your own saftey here you should know that "Kitara" is spelled with all "a"s.

WiseLad

[66]May 28, 2009
    • level: 14

first I want to post that we already know Avatars can have kids (avatar Roku had at least one of the parents of Ursa, the mother of Zuko)

second: it should be HIGHLY unlikely that the avatar would have a child or grandchild that would be the next avatar, but technically is possible, for example

Aang and Katara have a child, and that child marries and has a child, and the child is born the same day or a few days after Aang dies, and it is a waterbender, that child could be the next avatar

third: thanks to the "energy bending" Aang displayed at episode 321, we can say that is possible that Aang can do the reverse of what he did to Zuko's dad, and could give the ability to "element bend" to any non-bending person, including ability to airbend (perhaps the people at the north temple? who airglide)

so he doesn't necessarilly have to have tons of kids in order to re-establish Airbending culture