• Advertisement

Despicable Me 2

Clappy

...Urrgh. Now I don't want to see it.

Minion-Meme.png

I'm guessing you aren't a fan of them? Well let me rephrase myself so you don't get turned off completely by this if you end up seeing it anyway. I think the Minions are funnier in this one than they are in the original. I think Illumination Studios realizes how much audiences love them so they gave them a more prominent role.

Spoiler

The plot of the movie involves them. Remember the teasers about the Minions being abducted? That's what I mean.

I think the story could have been a lot better with the way it was executed. Yeah Metal Snake, I see what you mean about the original's story but I thought it was still executed pretty good with an equal amount of comedy. While this one....eh. To avoid spoilers, let me just say look at the trailer in the first post. I mean Gru gets recruited on a mission with the AVL. That has so much potential right there. I just felt like they could have done a lot more than they did with that.

But yeah, despite my problems with this movie, I still liked it and I'm glad I saw it. Like I said, if you love animation, you guys will love all the eye popping visuals and how well done the animation was in this. And this movie was definitely high on good laughs. Yes termi, some of them were thanks to the Minions, but there were plenty of good laughs from the main cast as well. I thought the comedy was just as strong as it was in the first Despicable Me. Definitely recommend this movie, but I still need to see Monsters University and will do so I can figure out which animated film is better. :P

• Like 1

Minion-Meme.png

I'm guessing you aren't a fan of them? Well let me rephrase myself so you don't get turned off completely by this if you end up seeing it anyway. I think the Minions are funnier in this one than they are in the original. I think Illumination Studios realizes how much audiences love them so they gave them a more prominent role.

Spoiler

The plot of the movie involves them. Remember the teasers about the Minions being abducted? That's what I mean.

Oh, so this is Illumination's version of Cars 2, just that they're doing this because they want to and not because of money.  Cool.

As much as I love Illumination, I'm skipping this. I don't care how funny it may be; I barely liked the first one because of those friggin' yellow pudding pops. If they're in this one even more then I'm not going to bother with it.

Oh, so this is Illumination's version of Cars 2, just that they're doing this because they want to and not because of money.  Cool.

As much as I love Illumination, I'm skipping this. I don't care how funny it may be; I barely liked the first one because of those friggin' yellow pudding pops. If they're in this one even more then I'm not going to bother with it.

Haha the first part of your reply cracked me up. Seriously. xD

I actually had no idea about your thoughts on the original, so yeah I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like this one in that case. :P

TADAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Translation Below:

Spoiler

I liked the movie. But I can't say that its better than the first movie. But it was entertaining! It has a good plot. Great animation!